With a pandemic raging around you, you may be unsure if you want to get mental health treatment. It may seem too risky to leave your home, even though this type of therapy is so important to you. Consider how telehealth healthcare can help you. A form of online therapy or remote treatment, it allows you to get the one-on-one support you need from your therapist without leaving your home. At Atlanta Center for Mental Health in Georgia, it’s one of the ways we’re working to meet your needs right now.
Don’t Put Off Mental Health Treatment During a Pandemic
For people with depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, or other mental health disorders, a pandemic can make symptoms much worse. Without access to a support network, it’s easy for mental health conditions to get out of control. That puts you and your health at risk. The key is to remember that you don’t have to sacrifice treatment from a mental health treatment center because telehealth healthcare is available to you in Georgia through our team.
What Are the Benefits of Telehealth Healthcare Right Now?
Remote treatment like this offers many benefits. You may be able to get the care you need through online therapy instead of having to leave your home. How can this help you?
- Remote treatment means you don’t have to leave home during a pandemic and risk exposure.
- Online therapy like this means you are still seeing and talking to your therapist as often as necessary.
- You may feel more secure and more at ease getting care from home. For some, it can be “easier” to get help from the comfort of their home.
- Your privacy is completely under control. No one knows you are getting mental health treatment unless you tell them. If you need privacy from those in your home, complete your appointment in the car or outdoors.
- Most of the evidence-based treatments that are used are very effective during telehealth healthcare.
With an online individual therapy program, you’re able to connect through video chatting with your therapist. Just as you would with a friend, you can talk to them, see them, note their reaction to what you say, and get information. You can also feel good knowing that these professionals are working hard to keep you safe during a pandemic.
Getting the Mental Health Treatment You Need in Georgia
Do you think remote treatment like this could help you? Whether you have standing appointments with your therapist right now or you are looking for that first appointment, our team at Atlanta Center for Mental Health is available to support and guide you. We can set up online therapy for many people right away, allowing you to get the mental health support you need right now.
Even if you are unsure if telehealth healthcare is something you want to do, don’t put off getting the treatment you need during a pandemic. Your mental health is at risk, but our counselors can offer effective treatment in most cases. That includes programs such as:
- Individual therapy programs
- Dialectical behavior therapy programs
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy programs
- Group therapy programs
- Dual diagnosis treatment programs
Take Today to Take Care of You – Call Atlanta Center for Mental Health
How does telehealth healthcare work in your situation? Are you unsure if online therapy like this is right for you? Give our team at Atlanta Center for Mental Health a call to discuss how remote treatment may work for you during the pandemic. Our team provides comprehensive mental health treatment right here in Georgia. Give us a call at 833.625.0458 or connect with us online to learn more.
Atlanta Center for Mental Health is a free-standing, non-hospital-setting, residential facility that treats co-occurring mental health disorders along with primary mental health diagnoses. Our goal is to transform your life and put you on the path to wellness and recovery.